Lilypie ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

background

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wonderful Home Wednesday...


Here are the pillow covers I made for my sister. The purple one is 12x16" crocheted...the white one is 16x16" sewn out of a white floral fabric. The pillows to go along with the pillow cases can be purchased at Walmart between $5-10...depending on the size of the pillow. The fabric cost about $1 and the roll of yarn was about $3 (of which I didn't need more than 1/2). So the pillows overall are very affordable compared to what you would spend if you bought a finished accent pillow at the store.

5 comments:

  1. I love them! I can't wait to get them in the mail! The purple color is very pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good, I was hoping you'd like them. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I commented on the old blog. ...Love them both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHH! I love that crocheted purple cover! I know that would make a house feel SO warm and inviting, too cute!

    And my thoughts exactley with the PT questions... like I need to think about the fact that it is 17th PT I have bought and don't expect anything but a big fat negative!

    Thanks for visiting!
    Have a great day,
    Stephanie
    www.thegimlinfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize it at the time I posted this but I did actually use a whole roll of yarn on the purple. It was my first attempt of knitting the white one that only used up half a roll...oops. So about one average size roll would make the 12x16 size pillow case.

    ReplyDelete