Lilypie ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers


Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Jaden's Birth story part 2

Jaden’s Birth Story Part 2
…we arrived at the hospital around lunchtime I believe, I was very hungry (never a good thing ;)…especially at 9 months preggo) anxious, and nervous! I was examined, placed on the monitor and after a little while was instructed to walk the halls over and over and over again in order to see if my body would make progress on its own. It was a very small hallway I might add. We did this for probably about an hour…Josh arrived a little while after we started our walk. We were getting really excited but I also was afraid to get my hopes up just yet. After all there was no guarantee that we were staying just yet.
Here we are walking the halls…

After our walk, I think it was about 2:30 or so…I was re-examined and told we had made it to 2cm…I can’t remember how far I had effaced, unfortunately…I want to say 80%. So, while we had made progress , it wasn’t enough to keep me there…

…home we went. On the way home my mom and I stopped at Target, to pick up some things…my mom and Josh stopped and got us subs from Publix for dinner, yum!!! I was soooo starved at this point! I think I could have eaten two!
Later in the evening we went for a walk in order to try and help move things along. Here we are walking day one...

Sometime late that night, I kept waking up with more intense contractions. Up until that point they had been more “crampy” than uncomfortable. They were coming about 3-4 minutes apart but not very regular. I called the midwife on call and she said to “wait and see” , so we did.
Here I am lying on the couch with my mom and Josh trying to time contractions. At this point I was a little cranky because I hadn’t really “slept” much in two days already and it was still hard to figure out exactly when the contractions were starting and stopping so unfortunately I found myself getting frustrated. They were there, no question about it but they weren’t anything crazy just yet. Not the most flattering picture, but for memories sake….why not.

After a few hours of timing contractions we decided it was best to at least attempt sleep once more, I spent most of the time just lying in bed because the contractions were keeping me awake, but at least Josh was able to sleep.
In the morning, we got up and had some breakfast, and I said to my mom and Josh “He’s coming out today!!” We walked and walked and walked. I was determined people! ;) I wanted to meet my boy! Here we are walking Day two…(notice how low my belly is!!)

We did this for a few hours, and as we did the contractions got stronger, more regular and lasted longer…so after our walk we showered, and headed back to the hospital, round two…


  1. Nadine you looked amazing even on the day you gave birth! I feel like I'm so swollen and big! I'm excited to hear the rest of your birth story :-)

  2. I adore your pictures, and your cardio story! :)
    You look ABSOLUTLY stunning, and are glowing in ALL of your pictures. I think the one of you on the couch, you still look beautiful, so you are wrong when you say it wasn't flattering... (And your husband looks like a little boy on Christmas!)

  3. I love this story! Can't wait for the next installment! Every pregnancy is so different which is nice because each child gets to have their own story. And as for the picture you mentioned, pregnant women are just naturally beautiful! It is a wonderful picture with a wonderful story behind it!