Lilypie ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

background

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Meatloaf redo...


I had been trying to find a good recipe for meatloaf for Josh for a very long time. In fact, when we first got married he thought he didn't like meatloaf....he just never had MY meatloaf recipe ;0) After playing with several different recipes over the years I've come up with one of my own that he LOVES! Sweet success!


*The above pic isn't a pic of my meatloaf because I was a slacker and forgot to take a pic...but you get the idea ;0)*


**I make it large enough for dinner and leftovers for him (since I'm a vegetarian, lol)

...so basically it serves 2**


Approx. 10 oz ground beef

1 tbsp shallots

1/2 tsp dry mustard

1/8 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/8 tsp pepper

1 rounded tbsp brown sugar

1/3-1/2 cup bread crumbs

2 tbsp ketchup

1/8 cup milk

one egg


shredded sharp cheddar


mix all ingredients together...add half of the mixture into a glass baking dish (spray with cooking spray first) making a "crater" in the center, add in shredded sharp cheddar and top with remaining mix. Bake at 400 degrees until browned on top and internal temp reaches approximately 165 degrees.


ENJOY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment