Lilypie ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

background

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sunday Scriptures....


Wisdom:


I have been spending a lot of time in proverbs, particularly searching for advice on wisdom. I am by nature a very emotional person and in the past have often made rash decisions based on emotions rather than patience and wisdom. Often it's those decisions we look back on and think "Why did I do that? If only I had...." Thank GOD he's never let any true harm come our way, but I definitely want to educate myself better in this area so that when baby Jaden gets here I can set a good example for him. Hopefully he'll avoid making his parents mistakes.


So here's what I found yesterday....I found many more in the last several days/weeks, but I figured I go ahead and just share a few.


"...wisdom is more precious than rubies" Proverbs 8:11


"the fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom" Proverbs 9:10


"a fool finds pleasure in evil conduct, but a man of understanding delights in wisdom" Proverbs 10:23


"wisdom calls aloud in the street, she raises her voice in the public squares; at the head of the noisy streets she cries out in the gateways of the city she makes her speech" Proverbs 1:20-21

(this one is my favorite because it says to me that wisdom already is a part of us....we just have to quiet all of the noise of the world to discern what she is trying to tell us!)



Happy Sunday and happy 4th of July! I pray it's a great day for you and your families.


Love,

Nadine

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great that God teaches us about wisdom in his word?! I know I need him to keep teaching me that too. Thanks for sharing! Hope you had a lovely day! :)

    ReplyDelete