Lilypie ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

background

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tasty Tuesday...


Homemade Chicken Noodle soup:


(approximately 4 servings)


2 Chicken breasts, salt/pepper....saute until cooked through, then remove from pan, let cool and cut into small cubes.


veggies: (approx.) 3 medium carrots, 2 lg stalks celery, one shallot or 1/2 sm onion


Saute the veggies in the pan used for chicken (you'll want to add a couple of tbsp of butter or olive oil), once the veggies are tender, add about 4 cups chicken broth (I would use low sodium and salt the broth to taste).


Prepare noodles separately, I like using egg noodles best, but any kind of pasta will due just fine (I used Orzo this weekend)


Add chicken back into the broth/veggies and add noodles just before serving. I try to keep the noodles separate when storing in the fridge....they soak up all they broth and get really mushy....

5 comments:

  1. YUMMY! This is very similar to my recipe- one of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I agree that egg noodles make chicken noodle soup amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm so yummy! i've been wanting to make a good chicken soup recipe. bookmarking this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello friend! I am doing pretty good...I still have my days, but over-all doing better. I hope you are doing well! I can't wait to find out officially what you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind encouragement Nadine! I'm blessed to have met you...

    ReplyDelete