Lilypie ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

background

Monday, October 25, 2010

I have fought the good fight...


I love this verse, I hope to someday be able to say this to my children...

2 Timothy 4:7-8

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the LORD, the righteous judge will award to me on that day-and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing."

After a long week, not a bad week necessarily...just a long one, I'm most definitely in that last-few-weeks-of-pregnancy, unintentionally-cranky-at-times, achy and uncomfortable, anxious-like-you-wouldn't-believe, can't-seem-to-sit-still, kind of mood. Let me also say....being 9+ months pregnant, pretty much full term and going through classes, be it online or otherwise, is not wise...sometimes necessary (as is in my case) but not exactly wise. I've been a mess. Between Finals and getting the regular school work done I've been ready to lose it at times. All I want to focus on is the impending arrival of my son, not Micro-Economics...needless to say, even after studying I did quite poorly on my Final Exam! Argh! The worst grade I've gotten yet, and I'll be lucky to make it out of the class with a B.
Anyway, I was getting to a point. Being stressed out often makes me very impatient and a little hot tempered (I let the German/Italian feisty gal come out a little too much)...and that is something that I don't want to do. I don't want my babies to see me get so upset over silly things that I shouldn't let get to me in that way. I want to be consistently patient and gentle...I want them to see me "fight the good fight", to watch me "keep the faith" and also to "finish the race" with class, dignity and honor, even in times of stress. We learn more by example than words could EVER teach us...and therefore I need to get this down!

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree with you! I've noticed that all the stress that I've been going through this week plus the fact that I hadn't had one good night of sleep has made me very moody and snappy which I really hate! And just like you I was thinking that I really need to keep myself calm especially for the fact that I'm going to have a little girl who will be looking at me for guidance and I really need to be her best example. Hopefully once we're done with all this pregnancy/ crazy time madness we'll be back to our normal selves:-)

    ReplyDelete