Lilypie ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

background

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Strengthened by faith...


With a season of many changes ahead of us, it is often easy for me to get a little panicked about what is to come. Will we be able to find the right church that feels like home, find the perfect jobs, find the right home, will I find time to finish school and further my career, all the while (and more importantly) caring for my infant son? Those are all questions that run through my mind on a daily basis. Most days I try to push them aside other than when we are praying about it...because I do not want to allow fear to creep into my heart and stop me from taking leaps of faith. What a boring life that would be. However at the same time we want to be sure we are following GOD's lead, not our own. It is such a fine line to balance on...sometimes it can be a frustrating process figuring out exactly what GOD is calling you to do.

Yesterday while reading my bible, I stumbled across this verse...

(Talking about Abraham)"Yet he did not waiver through unbelief regarding the promise of GOD, but was strengthened by faith and gave glory to GOD, being fully persuaded that GOD had the power to do what he had promised" Romans 4:20-21

Found this one a little while back when we really started considering our move...

"Commit to the LORD whatever you do and your plans will succeed" Proverbs 16:20

Another verse from yesterday, "It was not by the law that Abraham and his offspring received the promis that he would be heir of the world, but through righteousness by faith" Romans 4:13

This one was also from a while ago when we started to pray about this specific decision..."Whatever the righteous desire will be granted" Proverbs 10:24

...so even on days when it all seems overwhelming, I'm choosing to believe that with faith, hope, and lots of prayer, GOD will show us the way and continue to bless our lives. :)

3 comments:

  1. Some great verses here! Thank you so much for the reminder and the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girly, I totally understand where you're coming from! Thinking about the what if's of the future can get me really stressed out as well. My goal is to live and enjoy every moment and not stress out about anything else, but leave it in God's hands instead. I sooo often fall short of my goal though :-( All I can say is trust in Him and He'll take care of the rest...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this Nadine...I needed to hear it!

    ReplyDelete