Lilypie ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

background

Friday, May 28, 2010

The first "unofficial" ultrasound...


Here is our babies first photograph ;0) So precious and long overdue...I was devastated that Josh couldn't get the day off today to be there...thankfully my mother in law drove and hour north to take me and be there with me! The doctor that I saw today decided that he wanted to do an "unofficial" ultrasound just to "confirm" the pregnancy. We won't really have any more information until next Wednesday when we have an "official" ultrasound. The appointment was really quick so I really didn't find out much. I got to see both the profile pic and then when the Dr did the internal ultrasound he snapped the above pic of baby looking down. If you look close you can see the eyes and above the eyes are the two frontal lobes of the brain...you can kind of see the little fist in the lower part and the little legs tucked in. At one point I saw baby kick (or move) during the profile image. He said that it looks like the baby is measuring smaller than 17 weeks ...more than likely (from what he can tell "unofficially") he is guessing we're about 14 weeks. I'll let everyone know as soon as I find out Wednesday. Of course if we are only 14 weeks tomorrow we won't be able to find out the sex for another 3-4 weeks. If we are 17 weeks tomorrow then we'll find out Wed...(naturally I'm hoping we are really 17 weeks, I want to know! but...of course I'd be happy just to know our munchkin is healthy!!!)

10 comments:

  1. how fun! I totally remember out babys first photo! lol
    We found out at a Ultrasound clinic at 14 weeks we were having a boy! I bet you can find out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ya just love modern technology? :) I never found out the gender of any of my babies until delivery...I never had the desire to know and luckily the Hubster didn't either. It would have ruined the fun for me. :) But I understand why so many DO want to know. It makes it much easier to prepare. I still have all of my ultrasound pics though. :) Best of luck on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got to see the little one and that your MIL was able to take you!! :)
    Hopefully they'll be able to tell the gender at your next appt even if you are only 14 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad baby is healthy!! Curious to hear how far along you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm glad your baby is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your pregnancy...and getting that first glimpse into your sweet baby that is developing inside of you : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful!!! i am impressed that you'll get to find out what you're having at 17 weeks... my doc made me wait until 22 weeks! you have so much to look forward to! praying for a healthy baby!

    ReplyDelete