Lilypie ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

background

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I must have skipped spring fever...


and gone straight to summer fever! The weather has been so gorgeous the last few days (until today anyway) that all I've been able to think about is being outside....going for walks, riding our bikes and most of all going to the beach again....and soaking up the sun!

Sometimes it really makes me scratch my head...what exactly is it that GOD wants us to do? Hmm...do we stay? do we go? We love this, but we love that too!

How can two hearts be so indecisive about what they love MORE?! Maybe we just need to travel the world permanently....(ok back to reality...had a moment of weakness). In all seriousness though...GOD created so much beauty in so many different places, how do you decide where to settle?! Josh and I had the "move" talk the other day and we kind of realized that everytime we made the decision to move to a certain state (all places we really love and want to experience...all very different and beautiful in their own way)...anyway, it would go well "planning" for a little while and we'd pray about it and something would happen and before we knew it we didn't feel like it was the right thing to do (it usually results in disappointment naturally but after a while you come to the realization that GOD knows best and you move on). It does make you look completely crazy to everyone else (but to tell you the truth, the older I get the less I care about what other people think about us...we've always done our best to go where we were lead to go and to follow our hearts (as long as our desires were in line with GOD's). Those who think that way of us don't really "KNOW" us and people like that aren't worth the stress they bring into your life. There are so many people in the world that sit by and never try anything for fear of failure and of looking foolish. Not us...I've become quite the professional at it, lol. Not that I'm proud of each and every decision I've ever made, but I have learned many valuable life lessons along the way, and it is after all about the journey, not the destination. I read this quote once (I don't remember it exactly) it went something along the lines of "shame not on those who try and fail but those who fail to try" (I probably destroyed that quote just then...but you get the idea).

I do in moments of frustration wish that I had it all "figured out" like so many people my age...but I guess that just wasn't part of GOD's plan. For whatever reason (unbeknownst to me) he wanted me to try a bunch of different things first. It's crazy to think how many completely different things I've tried and how many different places I've lived at my age!

That being said though...we definitely feel like we need to get settled now. Neither one of us is so certain we want to go and start all over again at this point in our lives. We feel like we've had some experiences and learned enough to know that we're ready for the next phase in life. Whenever GOD makes that happen. We're still praying about the details....but we are on the same page...it's time to create a nest! A place to settle and enjoy raising a family (someday).

6 comments:

  1. aww, so sweet... can't wait to hear about your nest in the future! and i don't think anyone has anything figured out... even if we're settled for the time being. thank goodness that the Lord directs our paths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nadine...nice to hear some of your "ramblings" :-) today I can identify with many! Guess that's why you come visit me at Windy Poplars...because we're kindred spirits! Anyway, I hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday...just thought I'd stop in and say hello.~

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved your honesty in this post. it reminded me of the verse (and i'm paraphrasing)...man plans but the Lord directs his steps.. love your blog by the way. so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it is risky to do what God leads to do. I just think you have to obey and He will work out the details. Sometimes you might think he wants you to do one thing and then he closes the doors. I thought you were on my blog roll and I don't think I get notified when you have a new post...I have to investigate this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the wonderful comments ladies! I'm not sure why that's happening Beth...I had the same problem with my sister's blog at first.... :0(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can identify. I never feel like I have it figured out. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I know you guys will make a lovely nest and I pray that God will help you find the perfect place.

    ReplyDelete